My friend invited us over for a St. Pat’s crafting playdate. We made a shamrock suncatcher! It is a great project for preschoolers or elementary students. Younger kids might need help cutting or gluing, but they will definitely be able to do the confetti all by themselves!
- two pieces of green scrapbook paper (or green construction paper or cardstock)
- glitter and/or confetti
- wax paper
Time investment: 15 minutes
Difficulty: Easy to do….can be difficult to clean up.
- Trace or freehand draw a shamrock on green scrapbook paper.
- Cut out INSIDE the shamrock and throw away.
- Use the shamrock outline to trace on another sheet of green paper and repeat step 2.
- Glue a piece of wax paper to the green paper with shamrock cut-out.
- Spread glue over the wax paper and sprinkle glitter or confetti on it.
- Glue another wax paper on top so the glitter is trapped between the two wax papers.
- Glue the other green paper on top (make sure the shamrocks line up!)