We saw snow paint on Pinterest and had to try it out. It is just water with food coloring in a squirt bottle or spray bottle. We found the squirt bottle works best for little hands. Although you have more control with the spray bottle (with jet option).
Some ideas to try with snow paint:
- Let the kids see how colors are made by squirting in a couple drops of yellow and red food coloring to make orange
- Practice writing numbers or letters
- See if they can guess the word you write
- Make a pattern of shapes and ask them to do the next one
- Practice making different kinds of lines- straight, curvy, dotted, etc.
- Take turns making a design and then the other person has to recreate it
- Experiment with different body movements. Run while painting. Skip. Hop.
- Free draw!